Friday, June 25, 2010

A Diet? Can we do this?

I absolutely hate the word 'diet'. It is a nasty word that plays horrible tricks on my mind. It never fails that if I use that word then my brain automatically thinks I haven't eaten in four days and I'm absolutely starving. Not this time!

This time it is not about a diet. This is about our lives. I have been a Type II Diabetic since 2006 and my doctor feels confident with 50lbs gone then my diabetes diagnosis and oral medications will be out the door. How awesome is that?

In addition to diabetes, a myriad of other health problems can come from being overweight and out of shape. Why should we live with those possible threats when we can change it all?

We love to travel and had thrown around the idea of traveling to Las Vegas. We decided next year would be great. But then, we brought weight loss into the mix. We decided that our reward for meeting our goals would be our trip to Vegas.

So, here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment