Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I survived!

This holiday weekend was not near as bad (on my waist line) as I thought. Our weekend started on Thursday night really when we visited my sweet friend who is recovering from surgery. My original plan was to take them a big pan of baked spaghetti and bread and then go home and make veggies for me and the Hubs. Our friends invited us to stay for dinner so we did. I monitored my portion and drank my water. I was very proud! I didn't overeat. I did more socializing than eating! For once.

Friday evening, we had friends over for hamburgers. First off, my dad borrowed my grill for their HUGE 4th of July party so I ended up making the hamburgers on the stovetop. But, I also made a veggie so I made sure I had one burger and veggies. Again, no overeating. Even if it isn't the best food choice, I was not stuffed. Saturday we had planned to go to our most favorite resturant which is a wings place. Not good. But, we only eat out once every 2 weeks (or so) so this was a treat. We went to the movies (ECLIPSE!!) and then to wings. I got a salad but did snack on the cheese fries my husband ordered. And, I DRANK water! I never get water when we eat out so this was a huge accomplishment (and cheaper...soft drinks cost almost $3.o0 now).

Sunday we had lunch at my parents' house (leftovers from their party the night before). I had a grilled hotdog and a couple of small grilled smoked sausage pieces. Maybe not the best meat choice but I also loaded up with veggies. Sunday evening, we had ribs, potato salad, and baked beans. The ribs were fantastic! Hubs and I are turning out to be pretty awesome cooks if I do say so myself. :-)

So, after a weekend of not-so-great food choices I still feel confident in how well I managed my portions and drank my water. This process is not just a week at a time or a day at a time but even a meal at a time. I may not have a huge loss tomorrow but I know that I did my best considering this crazy weekend!

Posting goals tomorrow....

2 comments:

  1. A diet will restrict you every day, even on holidays - but making a change to a healthier lifestyle will allow you to know when it's time to splurge a little. I have found this new view to help me not be hard on myself and yet be very successful on my weight loss journey.
    Sounds like you had a great weekend - I hope you have an equally good week!!
    diane :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched Eclipse too! Honestly, I wasn't excited to go, but it was great. I still haven't seen the first two movies, but I'll catch up! LOL. Especially since I've already seen #3.

    I kind of fell off the wagon last week... I had friends visiting from New York all week and then the Holiday weekend was rough. I didn't overeat at all, just made some not so great choices along the way. I jumped back on track on Sunday and I'm doing great again now. :)

    I found ya on ScaleJunkie and love your site!

    ReplyDelete