Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Week #2 - Weigh In, Goals, and What I didn't do....

Today was my official weigh in day...down a pound. That is both exciting and disappointing. Of course it is exciting because down is always good and it is disappointing because I know I could have had a better week. I did have a full holiday weekend so good food choices weren't always made and I didn't drink my water everyday. I drank some...but not my goal. And, I didn't journal my food. And, I didn't get on the treadmill. So, the fact that I am down one pound is sort of a miracle! :-)

While I am not completely happy with only a pound loss, I am learning and repeating good habits each and every day. This isn't about fast results but good, healthy habits that will last a lifetime.

Week #2 means new goals...but they are actually going to be the same goals as last week but this time I really need to work on these things.
- Get in 64oz of Water!!
- Treadmill for 45 minutes each morning and evening. Or, at least 45 minutes once a day.
- Track Food!!

Plus, I should get plenty of exercise Friday and Saturday. Friday, the Hubs and I are taking a vacation day in order to paint our bedroom. I cannot wait! We haven't painted since we got married (almost 6 years ago)! Then, on Saturday I have two photoshoots at a local park. I cannot wait to work with these kiddos.

Hope everyone has a great week!

4 comments:

  1. It's so funny that I came across your blog! I was just recently in Vegas and the weather..as expected was SO HOT.. I was so embarassed by my weight that I found myself wandering aronud in jeans and a big shirt cause I just COULD NOT bring myself to put on some shorts and a tank top. While the Vaca was fun I came back will crazy motivation to change my life. If I can ask what is your weight and height? Are you walking or running on the tredmill?

    Take Care : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 5'7 and 252. I am walking now until I get built back up to running. I was running at one point but...if you don't use it - you lose it. Totally true. When it gets cooler, my husband and I will go to a local track but it is WAY to hot here in the South to be doing that now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the loss! Welcome to the Healthy You Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on getting rid of the pound! And I really love the layout/design of your blog. Every time I come to visit, it makes me smile :)

    Rock on!

    ReplyDelete